Private Health and Medicare rebates typically cover only part of the full cost of a session. Therapy Matters does not Bulk Bill.
Parent must present all referral letters (Medicare) and Essential NDIS Plan documentation at the time of the appointment.
Private Health Fund Rebates
- Families may be paid a rebate from their health fund if they have extras cover including speech pathology.
- Electronic health claiming is available in clinic for most private health funds so parents need only pay the gap.
Medicare Rebates – Chronic Disease Management (CDM)
- Children with chronic conditions and needing team care may be deemed eligible for this program by their local Doctor. A specific referral is required.
- A rebate for only 5 sessions per calendar year is available.
Medicare Rebates – Follow up Speech Pathology Services for People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Descent
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children may be deemed eligible for this program by their local Doctor
- A rebate for a further 5 sessions per calendar year is available
Medicare Rebates – Children with a Disability
- Children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder as well as children with other disabilities may be deemed eligible for this program by their local treating paediatrician/psychiatrist (ASD) or GP (Other disabilities).
- A rebate for up to 4 assessment sessions and 20 treatment sessions is available (lifetime limit) although a new referral must be presented for each course of 10 treatment sessions.